Professor Bruce Shapiro J-school professor | Executive Director of Dart Center for Journalism and TraumaProfessor Bruce ShapiroJ-school professor | Executive Director of Dart Center for Journalism and Trauma
Shapiro is the Executive Director of the Dart Center for Journalism and Trauma (DART). He is also a professor at the J-school. Shapiro will be speaking at the “Covering Trauma” on Friday, Nov. 8.
Professor Judith MatloffJ-school professor
Judith Matloff teaches conflict reporting at the J-school and has been writing about international affairs for 30 years. She will be speaking at the “Covering Trauma” panel on Friday, Nov. 8.
Covering Trauma: The Parkland students on where journalists got it right and wrong
The Parkland students are coming. Join us for an educational conversation about covering painful stories like school shootings, disasters, and large-scale tragedies. How do we do it? The co-founders of March for Our Lives share their stories after last year’s shooting in Parkland, guided by leading journalists in the field and a renowned psychiatrist.
Keynote given by investigative journalist, David Cullen, who authored the books, “PARKLAND” and “COLUMBINE.”
- Cameron Kasky — cofounder, March for Our Lives
- Alfonso Calderon — cofounder, March for Our Lives
- Kenneth Preston — student journalist
- Dr. Gail Saltz — psychiatrist
- Professor Bruce Shapiro — Director, the Dart Center for Journalism and Trauma, Columbia Journalism School
- Professor Judith Matloff — Professor, Columbia Journalism School